As a complete protein this is surely one of the best protein sources for vegans and those wanting to cut down on their dairy and meat intake. For UK readers, the lovely folk down at Wholefoods Online are offering 3kg of this marvelous grain for free, when you place an order of £40 or more. This would also mean free postage! They do a great range of bulk wholefoods with great prices on seeds, nuts and dried fruit for those on-the-go healthy snacks- always the time when you need to be most prepared to resist temptation!
Shop now for FREE quinoa and enter in the code QUINOA543 at checkout
Heres a great easy Quinoa recipe by Elizabeth Stark featuring another great high protein food, the pea!
Follow the link for the quinoa 101 on how to prepare this most wholesome of grains.
Curried Quinoa Wrap with spring peas
vegan, makes 3 wraps (plus leftover quinoa)
1 1/2 Tbsp Muchi Curry
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
2 1/3 cups dry quinoa
3 cups water
1/2 cup apple cider or orange juice
fold into cooked quinoa:
1 1/2 cups frozen peas (thawed or warmed)
1/2 cup salted cashews
1/2cup sweet onion, chopped
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 cup tahini (add less for fluffier quinoa)
1/2 cup citrus, peeled/diced
2 Tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 avocado, diced
1 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
2 Tbsp tahini
3 whole wheat XL burrito wraps
1. Prep your slaw and toss well. Place in fridge to marinate/chill until ready to assemble wraps.
2. Heat your quinoa ingredients on stove in large saucepan. Cook your quinoa First time cooking quinoa? -> Follow fluffy quinoa instructions here.
3. Add the toss-in ingredients to the warm quinoa.
4. Grab your extra large whole wheat wraps and start adding ingredients…
5. Fold, serve! I like mine with a spicy red pepper chutney or harissa on the side.
FREE Superfood Recipe Book!
Join our mailing list to receive this free 32 page recipe collection PLUS the latest offers, news and updates from White Dragon Organics!